Construction Management – BSc (Hons)
Construction Management is all about managing the construction process and meeting the needs of clients within legal, financial and environmental constraints. Construction Managers require a combination of engineering knowledge, good business and organisation skills and a capacity for leadership in managing the building process.
You will develop an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the construction process and the necessary theoretical knowledge to match solutions to construction problems; the management skills to plan, organise and manage construction projects and the ability to contribute to the construction process in a manner that sustains and enhances the natural and the built environments. This includes responsibility for coordinating a wide variety of skilled workers and specialists and leading them in the implementation of the plan, monitoring progress against the required objectives, and making adjustments to ensure that the goals originally set forth are achieved.
Construction Management graduates are also involved in organising the resources required – labour, materials, equipment, time and money and translating the work of designers such as architects and engineers into reality.
This course is accredited by the Chartered Association of Building Engineers, the Chartered Institute of Building and Engineers Ireland.
College of FET Raheen Campus, Cloughkeating Avenue, Raheen Business Park, Limerick City, V94 CV66. T: +353 (0)61 – 487900
Students will complete year 1 of their Bachelor of Science (Honours) – BSc at the College of FET Raheen Campus. Students will thereafter complete years 2, 3 and 4 at the Technological University of the Shannon: Moylish Campus.
Course Content – for all years
For a full list of modules for each year of the programmes click here: Construction Management – BSc (Hons) – TUS
Accreditation and Embedded Awards
- On successful completion of Stage 1 (Year 1), Students will receive the Technological University of the Shannon Certificate in Construction Management Studies, Minor Award, Level 6, 60 ECTS Credits.
- On successful completion of Stage 2 (Year 2), Students will receive the Technological University of the Shannon Higher Certificate in Construction Management Studies, Level 6, 120 ECTS Credits.
- On successful completion of Stage 3 (Year 3), Students will receive the Technological University of the Shannon Degree in Construction Management Studies, Level 7, 180 ECTS Credits.
- On successful completion of Stage 4 (Year 4), Students will receive the Technological University of Shannon Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Construction Management Studies – BSc Level 8, 240 ECTS Credits.
Planned intake (number of places)
Leaving Certificate: A minimum of six Leaving Certificate subjects, including Mathematics and English (2 H5 & 4 O6/H7 grades) or full NFQ level 5 award or equivalent.
All applicants whose first language is not English and who have not been educated through the medium of English must demonstrate CEFR 19 proficiency at B2 for access. An Irish Leaving certificate qualification achieved through English meets this requirement.
Graduates of this programme are in very high demand and are employed in management roles across the Construction Industry sector.
Positions that graduates can work in include:
- Construction and Project Management
- Contract Management
- Quality Management
- Site Management
- Site Engineering
Successful graduates of this programme are eligible for Level 9 and 10 postgraduate programmes within TUS and/or elsewhere.
- College of FET Raheen Campus