Bachelor of Science in Mobile & Web Computing – BSc (Hons)
Mobile and Web Computing provides students with the theoretical and practical skills necessary to design, build and maintain secure internet based systems. There is a strong practical emphasis on the languages, tools, techniques and methodologies required to build real world solutions in today’s inter-connected world.
The considerable practical emphasis on the course allows for the smooth integration of graduates into the workplace. Students will develop an understanding of current and emerging technologies and best business/industrial standards to equip them to meet the demands of an increasingly technological world. The course will provide students with the professional, technical and project related capabilities applicable to the development of secure client-side and server-side Internet based systems and prepares students for a broad range of careers in the fast moving computing industry.
The work placement in Year 3 gives students the opportunity for further personal development in real world job situations.
Students will complete year 1 of Bachelor of Science in Mobile & Web Computing – BSc (Hons) in the Limerick and Clare Education and Training Board, Mulgrave St Campus.
Students will complete years 2, 3 and 4 on the Technological University of the Shannon: Moylish Campus.
Accreditation and Step Back Awards
- On successful completion of Stage 1 (Year 1), Students will receive the Technological University of the Shannon Certificate in Mobile & Web Computing, Minor Award, Level 6, 60 ECTS Credits.
- On successful completion of Stage 2 (Year 2), Students will receive the Technological University of the Shannon Higher Certificate in Mobile & Web Computing, Level 6, 120 ECTS Credits.
- On successful completion of Stage 3 (Year 3), Students will receive the Technological University of the Shannon Degree in Mobile & Web Computing, Level 7, 180 ECTS Credits.
- On successful completion of Stage 4 (Year 4), Students will receive the Technological University of the Shannon Bachelor of Science in Mobile & Web Computing – BSc (Hons), Level 8, 240 ECTS Credits.
The minimum entry requirements for this programme are as follows: Leaving Certificate: A minimum of 2 H5 & 4 O6/H7 grades in six Leaving Certificate subjects, including Mathematics and English or Irish or full NFQ level 5 award or equivalent. All applicants whose first language is not English and who have not been educated through the medium of English must demonstrate CEFR 19 proficiency at B2 for access. An Irish Leaving certificate qualification achieved through English meets this requirement
- Limerick and Clare Education and Training Board,
College of FET, Mulgrave Street Campus
T: +353 (0)61 – 414344
- TUS, Moylish, Limerick